Thursday, January 8, 2009

Work, Work, Work

Not much new going on here. This was a "FULL" work week. (It's really hard after having several short weeks!) For those who don't know what I do, I work in Lasik Eye surgery. It's an interesting job and I've been with Dr. Woolfson for 7 1/2 years. I'm what's known as a traveling tech. We have 12-13 offices all over the southeast and I travel to all of them for surgey. We do what's called a loop every other week. We either go up I-85 and do Greenville, SC, Asheville, NC, Bristol, TN, Knoxville, TN and Chattanooga, TN. , or, we go up I-75 and do it the opposite way. We leave on Monday morning and are usually home on Wednesday night. We also throw in Birmingham, AL once a month. About every 2 months we do Columbia, SC and Hiawassee, GA. Then we have offices in Cumming, Sandy Springs, Lawrenceville, and Stockbridge. I write everything on my calender so I'll be in the right place at the right time. It gets a little hairy sometimes. Last Friday we had a huge surgery day in Sandy Springs and our laser went down which extended the day 3 hours (a 14 hour day). Today, we were in Sandy Springs again and our other laser went down. We couldn't get the parts for surgery today soooooo, we'll be working on Saturday morning this week. JOY!!!! If you ever need Lasik eye surgery (not for reading glasses - SORRY) give me a call. I probably can't get you a discount, but, I know the best surgeon around!!

No comments:

Post a Comment